Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 10, the morning was actually not bad, people were too tired to stay up all night again so it was quite last night. After breakfast we got to meet a whole bunch of people that work for the Spokane Tribe in the wildlife conservation section. They took us  in the woods and showed us how to set up a track trap and camera, basically how they tell which smaller predators live in the area. After that we had lunch and learned how to shock fish to count them in smaller streams. I didn't go in because i didn't want to get shocked but it was kinda sad that some of the smaller fish died when they shocked them. Here comes the fun part, we went swimming in lake roosevelt and guess what! Some people, including me, got stuck on the other side of the lake. I'll try to make this short so basically I was swimming and I saw some kids farther out, I'm like blind without my glasses so they were close, and they were swimming farther out themselves so I went with, we had an adult so it seemed fine. We get really close, it seems, to the other shore and we were tired and two of the kids were panicking, I'm not sure when and I didn't hear her but our adult left us so we decided that we would stop on the other shore and rest then go back. The people on the other shore yelled at us to come back but they didn't hear us when we yelled to them what we were doing. long story short they sent out a boat for us and we got in trouble, I still think they would get what happened if they would let us explain. Oh well, Bandwagon out.

No comments:

Post a Comment